TAKE NOTICE that the 2023 Annual and Special General Meeting of the Members of BCM Insurance Company (Bertie & Clinton Mutual Insurance Company) will be held on March 28, 2023, at 10:30 a.m. for the purposes of:
- Receiving and approving the Minutes of the March 22, 2022, Annual Meeting.
- Receiving the 2022 Annual Statement and Auditors’ Report.
- Considering and if thought fit, confirming the amendment to section 21(c) of the Company’s By-law No. 1 passed by the Board on January 24, 2023, to reduce the time-period a person must have to be a member of the Corporation and insured therein in order to be eligible to be elected as a director from three (3) years to one (1) year.
- Electing three Directors for a three-year term. Directors whose terms are expiring are Phillip Lambert, David Gill, and David Wiley, each of whom are eligible to be re-elected and have been recommended for re-election by the Board’s Nominating Committee. No other nominations for these positions have been received.
- Electing one Director for a one-year term to fill the vacancy created by the resignation of Angela Arsenio. The Board appointed Patricia Reles to fill the vacancy until this Annual General Meeting. A director needs to be elected at this Annual General Meeting for the remainder of the term of this position. Patricia Reles is eligible to be re-elected and has been recommended for re-election by the Board’s Nominating Committee. No other nominations for this position have been received.
- Appointing auditors for the year 2023 and authorizing the Board to set their fees.
This Meeting will be held in person at the company office located at 1003 Niagara Street, Welland, Ontario. Policyholders are welcome to attend. Light refreshments will be available.
Please RSVP by March 21, 2023, via email to: BCMRSVP@bcminsurance.com or by calling our office at 905-735-1234 or 1-800-263-0494. The Company’s 2022 Annual Statement is available on the Company’s website and a copy may be obtained by sending a written request to the Company’s head office at least 14 days before the Meeting.