Loss Prevention Associate
BCM is a policyholder owned, growth oriented property and casualty insurer serving the Niagara Region since 1880. Through personalized, local service it offers quality insurance products for home, farm, automobile and commercial through experienced insurance professionals and dedicated agents.
We are currently seeking to fill a new position in the recruiting of a Loss Prevention Associate. This is a full-time position, which requires varied experiences. As a Mutual we are focused on building relationships with our policyholders and building a team spirit within our organization. We are looking for the right candidate to join the BCM Team!
Your role will involve working in the Loss Prevention department as part of a risk assessment team to complete loss control risk assessments for large and small policyholder properties.
As the Successful Candidate, you will:
• Perform detailed risk assessments of policyholder properties, considering the fire code, building code, electrical code or any other codes or standards that may apply
• Review the site for potential environmental concerns
• Assist in responding to risk management or loss control questions from BCM managers, underwriters, loss prevention personnel, policyholders or agents
• Prepare and deliver risk management training to Company employees
• Continually keep current of new standards and codes, or new construction methods for farm buildings, commercial and residential properties
Your Skills and Qualifications:
• Progressive experience in Risk Assessments or Loss Control Assessments for personal lines, farm, and commercial properties
• Thorough knowledge of farm and commercial construction practices
• Must have a working knowledge of the National Building Code, the Ontario Electrical Code, and the Ontario Fire Code
• Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office and excellent computer skills are mandatory
• Proven ability to work independently and to organize workload and schedule
• Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, report writing, and analytical skills are mandatory
• A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle are mandatory
• WETT Certification or ability to obtain
Additional Skills and Qualifications:
• Electrical engineering or technology education would be an asset
Join Our Team!
Interested candidates may submit their resume and cover letter detailing qualifications and experience in confidence to:
BCM Insurance Company
Attention: Human Resources
– Submission deadline August 16, 2020 –
We thank all candidates for their applications. Only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
BCM Insurance is committed to providing accommodations and to achieving a barrier-free workplace for individuals with disabilities. Should you require an accommodation to participate in our recruitment process, we will support you by considering your individual accessibility needs.Your Content Goes Here