Niagara’s Mutual Insurance Company Since 1880
Our origins were born out of a need to serve the local community.
In 1880, Bertie and Willoughby Mutual was formed by a group of farmers who were unable to find fire insurance at a reasonable cost. In light of that, they got together to form their own insurance company. In 1898, Clinton Mutual was formed under similar circumstances. These two companies operated independently until 1970 when they amalgamated to Bertie & Clinton Mutual Insurance Company. In 2018, the company re-branded to BCM Insurance Company along with updates to the logo. In 2022, the company made some additional changes to the logo.